Sunday, April 13, 2014

4/13 Dallas Combine ...New Opportunities!


There are those special moments in life when you show up somewhere new and have an overwhelming feeling that you belong.  Only time will tell if it ends up being true, but this is exactly how I felt from the time I woke up this morning.  I didn't have the typical event day nerves, but I felt a calm excitement for what the day would bring.

I was assigned to a team in the afternoon session so I hung out and watched the action during the morning.  We ran a full 11 event simulation of what a head to head competition will entail.  The only difference being that rather than two teams we had two heats of two teams so there ended up being a bit more rest between events & it took roughly 3 hours vs 90 minutes.

My biggest concern was the fast paced nature of the events.  My essence tends to be slow & steady, but I've made a lot of ground in this area in recent years & I didn't feel like I had any trouble keeping up today.  In fact, I loved the rush & energy of each event!  It goes fast, but requires a controlled focus to make reps count & communicate with teammates.

Relative to an individual comp the work load & recovery felt easy.  The biggest challenge was maintaining focus and controlling emotions to not feel burnt by the end.

All in all it ended up being a great day!  I can't think of an event where I've ever felt so at-home and had so much fun.  I love performing and the goal is to be on a team and have the opportunity to do events like these in front of large crowds someday!  Most of all to earn the right to sign on the dotted line and become a professional athlete!


I earned my finalist jacket as one of 18 female spots from the Dallas Combine to Stage 2 of the Combine in Las Vegas mid-June.  Dreams...Goals...Reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment