Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tuesday PM 30-20-10 DL + BBJ

PM

For time:
30-20-10
deadlifts 155#
burpee broad jump 50' in btw sets
2:58 

A bit sluggish after an afternoon laying low on the couch in & out of sleep while watching Forrest Gump.  However, once I got to the gym there was great energy and I felt great too! 

Didn't do a big warm-up for this one.  Just moved the weight for a couple sets of 5.  Felt out the burpee broad jump and got to it. 
This was one of those workouts where my mental self talk was a bit comical.  I didn't have a plan going in I just trusted that I knew not to grind early and that I'd know when to break. I get 20 reps into the set of 30 and started thinking...maybe I'll go UB...is this stupid?...am I going to pay for this later?....this is practice...time to test it.  8 reps into the set of 20 was the same thing and then I acknowledged that I felt great and that I WAS doing it unbroken.  
Fun workout.  Feeling good. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting...maybe I need to move faster! 

No comments:

Post a Comment